Peterson CAT has an immediate opening for a Heavy Duty Repair Technician working in the Field out of our Redding, CA location. Duties will focus on service and troubleshooting on construction equipment and heavy equipment as assigned primarily in the field but at times will be working in the shop.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Perform the following service operations without direct supervision:
· Analyze and diagnose equipment malfunctions utilizing ET (electronic technician).
· Pre-delivery setup and installation on all makes and models of Caterpillar equipment.
· Performs service work in the Field and Shop, on Caterpillar and other heavy equipment.
· Write service reports that accurately document activities.
· Prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
· Perform assigned tasks in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.· Maintain a safe working environment and observe all safety procedures, laws, policies and rules.
· Communicate with internal and external customers in a manner that promotes a positive relationship.
· High School diploma or the equivalent and five (5) years dealership experience, preferably on Caterpillar equipment or the equivalent repair background with ability to troubleshoot, repair, rebuild all types of Caterpillar or similar equipment is required.
· Must have Construction equipment experience, with strong technical skills including – engine, hydraulics, powertrain, and electrical components.
· Candidate must have a valid California driver’s license with class B endorsement and clean driving record.
· Must be a member of Operating Engineers Local 3 or willing to become one.
· Ability to work overtime is required.
· Physical requirements include ability to maneuver 50 pounds, standing, walking, and bending.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in it's employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, natural origin and veteran or disability status.