Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
A technical sales position that will combine application knowledge with sales
skills to provide efficient solutions by determining the type of products or services that will
meet the customer’s needs. Must possess the level of technical knowledge needed to sell
prime product and dealer services to create a loyal customer. Provide a single point of
contact for Power Division Sales and Service needs to the assigned territory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work under general direction of the Sales
Manager. Responsibilities include maintaining customer relationships while prospecting
additional opportunities. Account representative will regularly interact with other members
of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments in support of prime product
sales and service. This position will work closely with management, CAT representatives,
third party vendors and customers to ensure timely and accurate cost estimations, delivery
schedules, performance expectations and procurement contracts. The following reflects
management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that
may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job
at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Prospecting, developing and maintaining relationships with potential customers; visit job
sites; collaborating with customers acting as a consultant to understand, interpret
requirements and anticipate their needs. Documentation of all customer interactions
within the Saleslink software application is mandatory.
• Promote and sell Caterpillar products, parts and company service capabilities; inspect
project opportunities; prepare and present sales proposal and service estimates; develop
and present annual maintenance contracts.
• Ensure that all required customer paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted on
• Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge by training on Caterpillar product
materials and literature to support promotional efforts
• Continually gathers information on local competition and prevalent industry business
climate within the region; communicates information to management and others as
• Evaluate and resolve problems by applying mechanical and electrical principles to
resolve problems by finding the appropriate solution(s) while paying close attention to
issues of safety, reliability, efficiency, economy and environmental impact.
• Follow up with customers on completed projects to receive feedback and
recommendations on future product development, features, functions or services.
• Provide technical support to relevant internal departments such as sales, marketing and
• Attends and participates in trade organizations and sales team strategic meetings.
Supports marketing activities by attending Trade Shows, conferences and other
• Bachelor of Science degree (BS) in Engineering or equivalent, four to six years related
experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with
• A solid technical background
• Acute attention to detail
• Proficient on Windows XP and Office software products
• Working knowledge to view and interpret Auto CAD drawings
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the
• Calculate figures and amounts.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
• Imagination and creativity to develop alternative options and solution to close business
• Understand and respond to a diverse population.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.