Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Reporting directly to the President the qualified candidate will manage the BuildingPoint Pacific sales opportunities of Trimble GC/CM and MEP Field Solutions product portfolio in Southern California. This candidate must be a strong Solution Sales person and must sell both hardware and services to our customers and partners. To succeed, the Account Rep. will actively seek to grow the business by working with established Key Accounts as well as expanding the new customer base in the region to generate new and incremental business. The core objective of the job is to sell and cross-sell the Trimble GC/CM and MEP Field Solutions portfolio of products, such as Robotic Total Stations, 3D Lasers Scanners, Handheld Scanners, Software, as well as VDC professional services thereby meeting the annual combined sales target of BuildingPoint Pacific Hardware and Services sales.
· Meeting the sales quota in the Region by increasing sales to existing accounts and successfully penetrating new accounts.
· Working closely with customers and prospects in the region to increase their knowledge, skills, and focus on Trimble GC/CM and MEP products.
· Cross-selling our large family of products to existing customers who might only have one Trimble GC/CM or MEP solution.
· Planning and forecasting the quarterly activity, marketing, and sales figures being careful to make resource requests well in advance of events.
· Working closely with the BuildingPoint Pacific sales team to communicate our message to the market and to communicate market feedback to our team.
· Liaises with other members of the sales team and technical support to solve client problems
· Maintains strong customer relations and satisfaction; proactively and diligently works to ensure customer problems are resolved quickly
· Dedicated to improving results.
· Residence in the territory (Southern California)
· 4 year Bachelor degree required, engineering or construction management degree preferred.
· 5+ years in technology Sales with a proven track record of selling large deals and working with partners to maximize revenue. Large construction project or contractor experience a plus.
· A strong understanding of the construction workflow and familiarity with construction sites and the construction process.
· Ability to assist in generating new customers revenue through qualifying, presenting and assisting in the closing of Trimble GC/CM and MEP Field Solution sales.
· Strong communication skills, self-motivation, and strong independent work ethic. Proven ability to take direction and work independently to achieve market goals.
· Ability to collaborate both virtually and in person with the BuildingPoint Pacific team and other departments in the company.
· Working knowledge of Design thru Construction process and basic familiarity with industry processes such as BIM and products such as Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Trimble Realworks and Navisworks.
• Willingness to travel (drive) within territory 50%-75% of the time, outside of territory 10-15% of the time.
· Use of SalesForce CRM system for managing prospects and customers.
· An understanding of other Trimble products such as Vico, WinEst, Tekla, Prolog and ProjectSight is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.