Peterson Tractor Company has an immediate opening for a Field Welder/Machinist in San Leandro. Reporting to the Weld Shop Service Manager, performs welding and machining processes for repair and custom fabrication projects.
Key words: diesel, mechanic, mechanical, job, jobs, field, technician, equipment, service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including but not limited to the following:
Maintain a safe working environment and observe all safety procedures, laws, policies, and rules. Communicate with internal and external customers in a manner that promotes a positive relationship.
• Perform the following welding and fabrication operations in the weld shop and at customer sites as needed:
o Operate welding and cutting equipment.
o Fabricate custom components.
o Perform repair welds on components.
o Modify new and used equipment as directed.
o Write service reports that accurately document activities.
o Prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
• Perform future line boring operations in the weld shop and at customer sites.
• Follow manufacturer and company installation and service guidelines and procedures to ensure quality work.
• Work overtime as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• One to two years welder/machining experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must have a lift truck operator certificate or be able to obtain one.
• Candidate must have a valid OR driver’s license along with a CDL or in the process of obtaining a CDL
• Must be able to have FUN- Peterson Core value.
. Ability to perform basic computer tasks in MS Word, Excel, Lotus Notes Email, and mainframe computer system.
. Ability to use tooling such as: measuring and hand tools, impact wrenches, plasma cutter, metal shear, band saw, hydraulic press, torch, etc.
. Wear personal protective equipment ( PPE ) appropriate to task being performed.
. Possess toolbox and tools to perform welding tasks, such as hammers, needle scaler, square, rulers, etc.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Peterson will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status, or other protected status.