Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Peterson has an immediate need for an experienced Inside Sales Representative at our Portland, OR location. The Inside sales primary function is to promote and sell electric power products, working with outside sales reps to provide sales quotes to EPG customers. Reports to the Sales Manager. Will work under occasional supervision while performing a variety of duties.
· Research on-line Plan Centers to obtain specifications and active projects that include generators, transfer switches, and uninterruptable power supplies for the standby power market.
· Review plans, drawings and specifications to determine best product solution.
· Collaborate with engineers and senior sales representatives to determine best course of action to put “customers first”.
· Using Customer Solutions Quoter (CSQ) develop customer quote based on specification documents, employing value engineering methods to meet or exceed the intent of the specification.
· Research market to develop a contractor bidders list on each project to ensure all interested contractors receive a proposal.
· Work with outside sales representatives to assure a complete and viable solution is offered, using their experience and knowledge of customers, projects, and products.
· Enter daily “activities” updates into Sales Link to record customer contact.
· Enter all quotes properly in iMacs and maintain “status” of quotes.
· Enter all “won” project details into iMacs.
· On sold projects, clearly communicate with Project Management team all necessary project details and expectations.
· Provide a daily log of quote activity to managers and sales representatives.
· Provide daily or as needed updates to sales representatives on quotes going to customers assigned to them.
· Invest time in learning to increase knowledge of electric power systems, products and applications. Maintain the Power Systems Industry Rep credential via Dealer Performance Center.
· Maintain and submit necessary paperwork and reports in a timely and complete manner, such as quotes and expense reports, etc.
· Follow up on projects as needed to ensure completed job; maintain good customer relations through frequent contacts; intercede to solve problems and disputes; enhance relationships within scope of Company Mission Statement.
· Provide materials and literature to support promotional efforts; coordinate and participate in facility visits and trade shows; keep customers informed of new products and changes.
· Cooperate, communicate and work closely with sales, project managers and managers.
· Must evaluate sub contractors and vendors quotes for accuracy and completion.
· Seek out, identify and promote cost improvements.
· Attend Trade Shows, Conferences and customer events as needed
Associate’s degree (A.A.) and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education in the Mechanical, Electrical Engineering area preferred. Experience in the construction industry, project management role preferred.
Peterson Machinery Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.