Peterson Trucks Inc. has an immediate opening for an Idealease Casual Help Person in San Leandro. Reporting to the Service Manager, incumbent will perform daily shop and customer assigned tasks, preventative maintenance, cleaning, adjustments and safety inspections on a variety of On-Highway Trucks and components.
• Clean On-Highway Trucks and components as needed to prepare equipment for repair work, rental, and/or painting.
• Conduct daily preventative maintenance on a variety of equipment as directed.
• Assist and/or operate On-highway Trucks to and from steam cleaning area, shop and customers yard. May require Class A or B license.
• Steam cleaning and pressure washing of equipment.
• Participate in Peterson safety training activities as directed.
• Keep work areas clean and organized throughout day to ensure safe work environment.
• Monitor levels of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
• Organize and clean yard, wash rack and shop to ensure a safe working environment.
• Complete service reports, condition reports, time cards, and other related paperwork.
• Provide required tools as designated by company tool list.
• Wear Personal Protective Equipment appropriate to task being performed.
• Deliver and pick up parts, small equipment, and run errands as needed.
• Assist customers with loading/unloading and safe operation of equipment prior to each rental.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school education or the equivalent. Able to operation an On-Highway Truck a plus. Previous lift truck certification helpful. Ability to attend ongoing training required to keep skills current. Experience in the safe operation of On-highway Trucks and other miscellaneous equipment; previous experience operating a steam cleaning machine helpful.
Ability to operate Steam cleaner, forklift (moving in and out of wash bay), overhead cranes, and a wide variety of hand tools in a safe manner.
Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English, use repair manuals as needed, and write legibly. Must possess good verbal communication skills. Able to multi-task and follow directions of supervisor. Ability to work evening and weekend overtime is required as necessary.
The primary physical demands of this job are prolonged periods of standing/walking, working in awkward positions, and occasional heavy lifting involved from floor to waist. Requires good grip strength, dexterity, good vision and working around hot parts, tool and chemical hazards. Works on slippery surfaces.
Works in outdoor environment. Physical requirements include lifting 50 lbs., walking, standing and bending, and working in all types of weather conditions. Overtime on evenings and weekends is required as necessary.
Possess valid driver's license and clean driving record.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, Peterson will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status, or other protected status.