Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Performs a wide variety of construction scheduling services that require extensive knowledge of CPM scheduling and planning. Maintains frequent communications with customers and works to develop new business. Coordinates and cooperates with several departments to accomplish job. This position requires a well-organized individual with excellent communication and planning skills plus the ability to manage multiple projects. The individual will continually interact with a variety of employees, suppliers, and customers. In addition, they will work with a wide range of customers, projects and complex markets. To be successful in this position, the individual must have a strong understanding of the Construction industry, in particular Vertical Construction, and how construction projects are managed and controlled. This position will report to the Segment Manager. Daily activities will involve schedule development, schedule updates, revising logic for schedule compression, forensic analysis to identify cause and effect of delay and reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsible for developing, updating and maintaining project and program schedules. Employee must be willing to travel and work remotely from home office. The position requires a working knowledge of Oracle P6 and business processes related to the features of the application. Employee will be required to interface with all employee levels of a customer (Foreman to CEO). Exceptional communication, organization and presentation skills required.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
· Highly organized, creative, solution-oriented and team-focused.
· Maintain documentation of changes incorporated into the schedule.
· Summary and report on project progress or lack of progress
· Attend weekly meetings, identify project risks and incorporate impact analysis for review by project team.
· Communicates with Segment Management during the process to enlist help as needed.
· Other duties as assigned by manager.
· Must have strong interpersonal relations skills, communication skills, enthusiastic attitude, leadership ability and excellent work ethic.
· Keep current and standardized job files.
· Flexibility to work with a variety of team members and dynamic project demands.
· Available and willing to work under pressure with overtime as necessary.
· Effectively represents the Company at all times. Actively supports the entire Company as a whole.
· Proceeds methodically, handling objections, problem solving, and obtaining a thorough understanding of the customers’ needs until a resolve is consummated.
· Attends trade shows and training when requested.
· Help identify metrics from initial projects such as ROI, cost savings from Constructability studies and schedule analyses that assist the Partner and customer in winning approval of funds for additional implementation.
· Work with our customers and meet all executives who have a stake in the construction process to ensure that they have a thorough understanding of our Solution and its benefits.
· Entrepreneurial spirit.
· Willingness to learn from and listen to others.
· Proven ability to achieve results.
· Able to set priorities appropriate for short and long-term objectives.
· Possesses integrity and good character.
· Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
· Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
· Respectfully takes direction from supervisor/ manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to manage customers at all levels from technicians to C-level management
· Must have an understanding of process oriented management techniques.
· Must develop a detailed understanding of construction services business.
· Solid understanding of construction industry and processes.
· Strong motivational, innovative, and interpersonal skills.
· Reside in the designated territory (California), or willing to relocate.
· Able to travel within and outside territory to meet clients and prospects when. May require overnight travel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelors of Science Degree in Construction or Engineering related field.
· 5+ years’ project experience, with construction scheduling, construction management and project controls.
· Working knowledge of Design thru Construction process and advanced familiarity and knowledge of Construction Scheduling and programs such as P6, Microsoft Project and Synchro.