Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Peterson has an immediate need for a Warehouse Person at our Fortuna, CA location.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Remove parts and components from shipping containers and place them in the proper location.
· Perform inventory counts and tagging of parts as directed.
· Process parts tickets from service department and customers.
· Maintain tools in excellent working condition.
· Keep work area safe and clean.
· Deliver and pick up parts to customers as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of experience in heavy duty parts department warehouse.
· Previous experience operating lift trucks.
· Ability to become certified to operate forklift.
· Work safely and operate all equipment in a safe manner (Forklift and Electric Man Lift).
· Possess valid driver's license and maintain a clean driving record.
· Possess basic computer skills and ability to use required service software. (ADP dealership software experience is a plus).
· The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, balance, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and to pull and apply rotation force on stationary and movable objects.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.