Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Peterson Tractor Company has an immediate opening for a Utility Person in San Leandro, CA. The person in the position will perform daily preventative maintenance, cleaning of facilities and shop area, adjustments and safety inspections on a variety of construction, industrial, earth moving machinery and other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
• Clean machines and components as needed to prepare equipment for repair work, rental, and/or painting.
• Conduct daily preventative maintenance on a variety of equipment as directed.
• Operate heavy equipment to and from steam cleaning area.
• Steam cleaning and pressure washing of equipment.
• Participate in Peterson safety training activities as directed.
• Keep work areas clean and organized throughout day to ensure safe work environment.
• Monitor levels of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
• Organize and clean yard, wash rack, shop and the facility to ensure a safe working environment.
• Complete service reports, condition reports, time cards, and other related paperwork.
• Provide required tools as designated by company tool list.
• Wear Personal Protective Equipment appropriate to task being performed.
• Deliver and pick up parts, small equipment, and run errands as needed.
• Assist customers with loading/unloading and safe operation of equipment prior to each rental.
• Other duties
High school education or the equivalent. Equipment operation training helpful. Previous lift truck certification helpful. Ability to attend ongoing training required to keep skills current. Experience in the safe operation of heavy and other miscellaneous equipment; previous experience operating a steam cleaning machine helpful.
Ability to operate Steam cleaner, forklift (moving in and out of wash bay), overhead cranes, and a wide variety of hand tools in a safe manner. Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English, use repair manuals as needed, and write legibly. Must possess good verbal communication skills. Able to multi-task and follow directions of supervisor. Ability to work evening and weekend overtime is required as necessary.
Peterson Tractor Company is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.