Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
Peterson Trucks has an immediate need for a Truck Parts Sales at our Eugene, OR location.
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
Reporting to the Parts Sales Manager, will provide customer assistance to the service department by researching, pricing, locating, and delivery of parts.
• Fill parts orders for shop and field technicians that may require determining the correct part and/or part numbers by using DBS and other information resources
• Order parts from manufacturers or outside vendors by preparing purchase orders and other appropriate purchase documents
• Process return parts from service department or customers issuing credit memos and restocking parts
• Keep service department informed on the status of any back ordered items
• Assist service department in preparing quotes by researching and pricing parts
• Operates lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to trucks, storage, or work areas
• Assist in other department activities as assigned by the supervisor
• May be required to work overtime
• Regularly demonstrates Brand Ambassador communication principles:
• Show up and be present (sets aside distractors when someone is talking)
• Pay attention to what has heart and meaning (listens for understanding)
• Tell the truth without blame or judgment (does not pass off or dismiss, rather considers information and responds in a way to improve situation)
• Open to outcome, not attached to it (considers multiple options when solving problems and actively participates in problem-solving)
• Works to build trust among peers with reliability, credibility, and is not full of self
• Participates in JumpStart meetings regularly; allows others to lead meeting and helps to interject enthusiasm and energy into meetings.
• Regularly demonstrates Peterson’s Core Values and establishes accountability for self and helps others to do the same.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of heavy equipment warehouse experience or and equivalent combination of education and experience
Must have completed Parts Pro self study training program.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Peterson Trucks, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.