Customer First | Integrity | Excellence | Teamwork | Fun!
Peterson Trucks has an immediate opening for a Product Support Sales Representative (PSSR) in our Eugene, OR location.
At Peterson our Vision is to be our customers’ first choice. We put our customers first and continually strengthen our partnerships through our employee’s hard work, ingenuity and determination. Our 80 year history is a reflection of our collective efforts and focus.
We provide a family oriented environment that promotes safety, personal growth and professional achievement. Critical to our continued success is hiring and developing exceptional employees. We are deeply committed to providing an environment necessary to attract and retain engaged employees who will relentlessly strive to reach Peterson’s strategic goals and vision. We have high standards for our employees, with good reason. They represent Peterson, our family, our brand, and our values to customers and our team members.
We have high expectations and so do you. You are exceptionally motivated, have outstanding skills, and are looking for more than just a job. We offer competitive wages, generous benefits, and promotional opportunities at a family owned and operated business that really cares about employees. If you want to work side-by-side with others who are passionate about customer service, consider joining our team. You can help us write more chapters in our success story as we move towards celebrating our 100 year anniversary.
This position is responsible to promote and sell company Truck parts and service capabilities for the Construction and Heavy Haul markets, by calling upon our existing customers and generating new leads for future business. This position will also be responsible to coordinate the shop work flow up to and including ordering parts, communicating with our customers, processing work orders, scheduling appointments, and making customer sales calls in the field. This position will focus on selling parts and service to the Construction and Heavy Haul markets.
• Perform a variety of duties relevant to promoting and selling all makes of Trucks parts and service capabilities both inside and outside of our facility. Maintain close liaisons with our service shop, parts department personnel and our customers. Develop and establish new business and a continued positive relationship with our current customer base.
• Promote and sell on-highway vehicle parts and company service capabilities; develop proposals and estimates, prepare and deliver quotations.
• Plan daily sales calls itinerary; make sales calls on existing and prospective customers; monitor/update call lists and manage customer database in sales link.
• Follow up with customers to ensure the company has met their needs; the service repair is complete and done to the satisfaction of the customer. Maintain good customer relations; intercede to solve problems and disputes; look for ways to enhance customer relations within scope of the company mission statement
• Keep current with new products and developments that are relevant to our customers
• Sell value through cost improvement by submitting cost-improvement proposals to our customers; understand the competition to maintain the company’s competitive edge.
• Associates Degree in Diesel Technology, or a related field, and five years (5) all makes truck parts sales experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• An extensive knowledge of on-highway trucks and other on-highway vehicles combined with a working knowledge of the construction equipment product line.
• A good understanding of the territory and its service needs as well as relevant knowledge of the competition within the area that the company serves.
• Excellent verbal/written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with all levels of management
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Availability to work during off hours and weekends to take calls from our customer to handle emergency situations.
• Must possess a valid Oregon driver's license and clean driving record. Class C Driver’s License required.
Peterson Trucks, Inc. is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. A drug screen and background check is required.